DR. KENDALL J. BARROWES, DDS, PC
Orthodontic Specialist in Spanish Fork, UT
- Grew up in Salt Lake Valley.
- Served as a missionary in Duesseldorf, Germany, 2¼ years.
- Married since 1973 to his wife Judy.
- Father of five, residing in Spanish Fork since 1994.
- High School — Granite High School
- College — The University of Utah
- Dental School — Northwestern University Dental School
- Orthodontic Residency — University of Missouri at Kansas City
Honors and Accomplishments
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthodontics
- Recent past President, Utah Association of Orthodontists
- Past President, American Association of Military Orthodontists
- His research, published in the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics on Archwire Flexibility and Deformation, received over 8000 reprint requests.
- Has presented lectures on Orthodontics on several occasions across the Country.
- Selected to set up a new Orthodontic Residency Program for the Military Services at Ft. Meade, MD; the first of its kind, and to be its Director.
- After one year setting up the Orthodontic School, taught Orthodontic Students for five years.
- Served as a Colonel in the US Army; retiring with 20 years active service.
- Received an Army Commendation Medal and three Meritorious Service Medals.
- Practiced General Dentistry, 1973-1980.
- After two year Orthodontic School, practiced Orthodontics in military, 1982-1994.
- Set up new Orthodontic School, directed and taught residents, 1985-1991.
- Designed new office and set up private practice in Spanish Fork, 1994.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Rocky Mountain Association of Orthodontists
- Utah Association of Orthodontists
- College of the Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Academy of LDS Dentists
Just for Fun
- Loves family, music, art, gardening, running, hiking, reading, and most all sports.
- Ran his first marathon in 2002 and qualified for the Boston Marathon.
- As high school student, enjoyed cheerleading, student council, pitching, running, and wrestling.
- Enjoyed scouting as a youth, earning his Eagle and 52 merit badges; has since served in many leadership positions.
- Actively serves his community through his church and other organizations.